What We Believe
The Church in South Denver
The Church in South Denver is all about helping others to find God’s purpose for living. Whether you are curious about Christianity or have been living the life for some time, South has a place for you to live, serve and worship.We are a non-denominational, independent congregation of Christ-followers.
South exists to Love God, Love Others and to LOVE...
Some of South’s Core Beliefs
- Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God came to Earth, died for our sins, and arose from the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8)
- The Bible is God’s words. God chose to communicate with us by revealing his truth to human authors who recorded it for our use today. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Every person has worth as a creation of God, but we have individually chosen to disobey what we know to be his truth. (Romans 3:23)
- Restoring our relationship with God is only possible through his grace. ( Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Our decision to accept God’s grace is made through our belief and confession of him as our Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9-10), our decision to turn away from sin and to live by his values (repentance) and by being baptized in water to have our past washed away (Acts 2:38).
- The Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit. It exists to reach those who are seeking with his good news of forgiveness, and to help his followers grow to be more like him. (Matthew 28: 19-20, Ephesians 4:1-16)
- Jesus Christ will return one day to take His followers to be with him for eternity. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)