LIFE Group lesson
Life Group Questions
Zero to Hero
Depression & Faith of Elijah
- What insight, principle, or observation from this weekend’s message did you find to be the most helpful, eye-opening, or troubling? Explain…
- In the story of Elijah, Jezebel was a clear villain. Name the best villain from a book or movie.
- Elijah had some pretty low moments brought on by Jezebel; we are all friends here and so we need to be willing to be open with each other. What was a low point for you that was intentionally caused by someone else (you don’t have to name names)? Please have everyone share.
- What are the things that happen during the week that take you to a “bad place” or low points, and what can you do to keep those things from affecting you?
Scripture Reading: Jonah 4:1-4
- Jonah was asked by God to go to Nineveh and call the people back to God. Jonah was reluctant but eventually went. The people of Nineveh then turned back to God, and this passage is how Jonah reacted.
- Can you relate to or see Jonah’s side of being frustrated with God and life?
- Have you ever clearly had a prayer answered by God, but still felt frustrated or unsatisfied?
- When we find ourselves facing a low point in life, what are some ways, with the help of God, that we can pull ourselves out of it?